Monday 7 October 2013

Charlotte Balbier Wedding Diary.... Flower Girl Keepsakes

Molly B bracelet
With all the major things ticked off my wedding to-do list, now it's time to turn my attention to the finer details. Often it's the smaller touches that make a lasting impression on wedding guests so it's equally important to get them just right. With a bridal party of eight adult bridesmaids, two flowergirls, two best men and six ushers – not to mention mothers of the bride and groom – I need to start thinking about my wedding day gifts for them as early as possible to give me enough time. As a self-prescribed professional shopper I'm looking forward to one wedding task I know I'll find easy, and enjoyable too. It's also an excuse to find the odd thing for myself, as a stressed bride-to-be you understand…

For the ladies, I already know jewellery is the way to go. I love good quality, simple jewellery because it can be worn and loved forever, so it makes the perfect keepsake for bridesmaids and flowergirls alike. If you ask me, the beauty of jewellery is that it can hold our memories for as long as we wear it – I have so many delicate pieces that each tell their own story and some of them are as old as me (no comments please!). I really think a love for jewellery can be inspired at any age and indulged for a lifetime; us brides-to-be certainly know the importance of our engagement rings anyway.

I have been a great admirer and fan of Molly Brown London for some time, ever since I first saw their cute pendants in Harrods. For those of you who haven't heard of the brand, they offer luxury designer jewellery akin to Tiffany but for younger girls. With collections in Selfridges and Fortnum & Mason as well as Harrods, the pieces are just dreamy and something I as a little girl would have absolutely loved.
Molly Brown bag box
Having recently had the pleasure of meeting with Molly Brown designer Erica and being treated to a sneaky preview of the new collections (trust me, they're divine), I knew my two favourite girls would love a set of real pearls to call their own, and Aunty Charlotte and Uncle Teddy are just the people to give it to them! I can't think of a better way for a bride to thank her mini chums than a gift to accessorise their wedding outfit and a precious keepsake that they can wear for a lifetime. So, being an organisation queen, and thanks to Molly Brown, little Liv and Georgia have the most gorgeous delicate pearl and silver bracelets - how lucky are they? I was 20 before I got my first set of real pearls! They will be the envy of little girls everywhere.
So that's two down and another 18 gifts to go! For my adult bridesmaids, I'm thinking Tiffany or Links of London. Both so gorgeous. I think it's time to hit the shops to see what's out there for my lovely ladies.

Until next time,
much love Charlotte xx

No comments: