Tuesday 5 February 2013

Charlotte Balbier’s wedding diary: booking the videographer

char
Teddy and Charlotte: The Movie! Photography by Jonny Draper
Where has the time gone since Teddy and I got engaged in October? Hard to believe that in less than a month it will be 2013, the year we’ll say our ‘I dos’. Talking of things that fly by, I’ve lost count of the times I’ve heard one of my brides say how wonderful her special day was, with just one complaint: How fast it went by in a blur of tears, confetti and champagne. In my own experience as a bridesmaid (always a bridesmaid, finally a bride!), I agree that weddings seem to move at supersonic speed. Before you know it, you’re all on the dancefloor for the last song, wondering where the day went.
Which leaves the bride and groom with just three things to keep from the day: memories, photographs and the wedding video. Hopeless romantic that I am, I love watching the videos of my brides and friends again and again. No matter how many times I sit through the same one, I always cry – guaranteed. (Note to self: Remind make-up artist that an abundance of waterproof mascara is a necessity!)
When we started planning the finer details of our day, my attention quickly turned to who would capture it on film. So without further ado (drum roll, please!) I am delighted to share that Tom from Silk Wedding Videos (silkweddingvideos.co.uk) will be the man behind the lens to film our wedding, or as I like to call it, ‘Teddy and Charlotte: The Movie’! I have to admit, it wasn’t really a hard choice: I first met Tom a few years back on a shoot for business, and he’s since produced some fabulous videos of my collection launches and for my clients. (Check out this one from gorgeous Balbier bride Kate, who wore the ‘Zara’ gown: silkweddingvideos.co.uk/blog)
With a passion for films that tell true stories with real emotion, Tom has filmed an amazing 250 weddings and always captures the story and unique personality of each one in his work – one of the main reasons Teddy and I are so thrilled to have him on board.
Tom’s become a dear friend (I even designed his wife’s gown for their wedding back in April), so I was touched by his reaction when a mutual friend asked him how he felt about our day: “I was honoured when Teddy and Charlotte asked me, and it can't come soon enough. I want to bring something new and creative to their film that makes it really stand out. But most of all I want to capture all the tiny moments that really tell the story of their day in a romantic and beautiful way.” Romantic and beautiful … isn’t that what we all want from our wedding film?
My advice to my brides when they ask me about choosing any supplier – and especially the videographer – is this: Do your research and follow your heart. You must feel relaxed and comfortable with whoever you book. I know we all have a budget and it can quickly spiral out of control, but the videography and photography should be allocated a healthy proportion as these are two of the main things that will be left with you, your family and friends long after the day has been and gone. Which is why Teddy and I are now turning our attention to the photographer … in my professional opinion, the second most important decision you’ll make (after your dress of course!). Read all about our search in my next blog.
Lots of Love, Charlotte xx
PS: Couldn’t resist sharing two of my favourite Silk Wedding videos from my bridal collections – enjoy!
Romantic Decadence: youtube.com
Candy Kisses: youtube.com

No comments: