Monday 13 February 2012

Charlotte Balbier is now INTERNATIONAL!!!!!!!!!

From the recent launch of our brand new stockist in Dubai we just had to share these pictures.
Lamia, Satin & Lace Owner


Satin & Lace has been officially opened in Jumeirah Plaza in Dubai.



We caught up with the lovely Lamia to ask her all about her new boutique...


What made you decide to open a bridal shop in Dubai?
I opened Satin & Lace out of a love for all things pretty....Shaza shares the same passion....we also love Vintage but struggled with quality and fit, so we decided to have collections from designers who were inspired by Vintage, and understood the female form. I wanted to move away from huge shops/Department stores and go back to basics with a gold old fashioned Boutique....We created the shop with an idea that it was a place where a woman would feel like she was walking into her own personal Boudoir, is surrounded by beautiful feminine clothes and jewelry, and felt relaxed.
We love the decorations you have used, what is your favourite bit about your boutique?I don't have a favorite part of the Boutique, I love it all.....If I really had to choose, it would probably be my window....I had the Glass Hand cut and carved, and have the most stunning chaise longues, which I dress daily.....I don't like mannequins as they distort true sizing.
Charlotte Balbier gowns looking beautiful!
You only stock Charlotte Balbier for bridal gowns, why did you choose Charlotte Balbier?
Charlotte Balbier Dresss are the only Bridal Dresses we stock, and plan to have more of them once we can open Satin & Lace Bridal.....I admire Charlotte's designs....They are classic and elegant and compliment any figures. They are simple yet ornate....they are exactly what I would have worn, had I found them back in 1997.

What styles are your favourite so far?

What else would customers find in your boutique?
Satin & Lace carries lines from Marrika Nakk, a Western Vintage Designer based in LA. We also carry Classic Tailored cuts from Shelly Klassen who is based in Vancouver, Canada. I am adding a collection from Pin Up Couture and Fancy New York (Alternative Bridal, but will be accepted in Dubai only as a Mother of the Bride Line and will be marketed as such, as Dubai still likes the Full Gowns for Weddings)
I picked Ayten Gasson Lingerie, for her support of UK industries, and her use of Natural Silk and Nottingham Lace....I love classic Lingerie, elegant and not trashy....makes you feel like a Lady.

Cute tea-cup candles, we want one!!
We also carry Vintage Tea Cup Candles from The Dizzy Flea....small gifts that are a pleasure to give and receive.

Gorgeous window dressing!
Such a beautiful boutique, if you are in the area it is a MUST SEE!!!!

Contact Lamia on 00971504568129 or email lamia.gennadopoulos@yahoo.com for more information

http://www.charlottebalbier.com/
http://satinandlacedubai.com/
My favorite is the Tabitha in Vintage Gold.....I have big plans for Charlotte's Dresses, and at the right time will take part at the Bride Show Dubai.....I would love to distribute them across the region.

No comments: